Saturday, June 4, 2011

What are our Goals for the Soul?

 

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Peace be upon you,

What would God say about my soul if I died tomorrow? How would I plan my life if I had only one day to live, or one month? Do I have goals in place for the soul-work ahead?

God tells us the purpose of creation (Quran 45:22, 51:56). It makes sense to plan ahead and focus our lives on achieving these goals.

[Quran 45:22] God created the heavens and the earth for a specific purpose, in order to pay each soul for whatever it earned, without the least injustice.

[Quran 51:56] I did not create the jinns and the humans except to worship Me alone.

Consider an example from this world, if a company like Ford or Toyota had a mission to build quality cars, people would think they were being foolish if they got into the business of providing haircuts. Similarly, if they used their money on non-productive activities or worse—had no business plan at all, not many would consider they had a longer-term chance of success.

Since the Hereafter is so much more important than this life, does it not make sense that we should organize our lives to fulfill our goal for reaching God’s Kingdom?

Read more at: What is Your Goal In Life?


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment